Thursday, February 7, 2019

Free by Kristen Ashley

Free by Kristen Ashley was the perfect book to say goodbye & give closure to the end of this wild ride we have all taken with the Chaos MC. *****

I had to take some time to process & say goodbye before I could write my review but finally here it is. Like most of you I have been on this ride with KA & Chaos since the beginning & by beginning I mean way back to Mystery Man when I fell in love with Tack. (Side note: my girls call me Red for more than just my hair color. haha) I have followed every up & down that Chaos has ever seen. I've fallen for each brother & each old lady one by one. There hasn't been one book that has not had me on the edge of my seat crying or laughing. That's what I love so much about Kristen Ashley. Every book she puts out is sure to be entertaining from start to finish & I am never disappointed.  But this one took the cake. I cried, I was scared, I was happy, I was screaming NO NO NO NO NO!!! I was laughing my ever loving ass off so much my husband kept giving me looks like "what the heck is up with you?" I'll admit I ever snorted from laughing so hard. She laid this series out perfectly. We ended Mystery Man with Tack, started Chaos with the biker princess Tabby & ended it with Rush who will take over his father legacy. Rush is everything I hoped he would be & more. He is definitely his fathers son but also his own man is many ways. The way he loves & his loyalty knows no bounds. He knows what he wants & he goes for it which is exactly what he does with Rebel. Now Rebel though Rebel surprised me. Not because she was a red head because come on, we all knew Rush would totally take after his dad in that way. No, even though we met Rebel in Loose Ends I wasn't prepared for how fierce she actually is. She has to deal with a lot throughout this book & she braves it all with immense strength. I knew Rush needed someone strong but Rebel went above & beyond. I fell in love with her spirit & strength. But the one thing I liked most about her was her give em hell attitude & her ability to give as good as she gets. She is definitely the perfect match for Rush in every way. 

Now I'm not going to be able to just give you a few quotes from this book as my favorites so I'm just going to tell you about my favorite parts. Rebel's neighbor/landlord is a freaking hoot! Orgies & elephants had me laughing so hard my stomach hurt. The way Tyra reacted to Rebel "living" with Rush & how she asked if Rebel had read the Rock Chick books when Rebel told her it was only "temporary" was hilarious. Then Tacks reaction when Rush told him he left Rebel alone with Tyra! All of the characters from different KA series that played a part in this book. I mean really we had a lot of characters from The Unfinished Heroes series, we got to see Hawk, Slim & Mitch, Eddie & Hank. The fact that not only did we get to see D & Mad but also Sixx threw her hat in the ring to help get things sorted was amazing! I wish we could have had some of Molly too but I'll take D & Mad any way I can get them. Basically this book was like a big family reunion & it made me feel all warm & fuzzy inside. Beck/Throttle basically had his own novella throughout this book. It was a story of redemption & boy was it a good one. There were a ton of POVs in this book. I was afraid at first I wouldn't be able to keep up but it actually made for a much more enjoyable storyline & gave me better closure with all the different characters. One of my favorite moments in this book happened in chapter 9 & it was a conversation between Tack & Rush that had me in tears gripping at my chest. This book had my emotions all over the place & the last scene left me sobbing because I did not want to say goodbye. But I know Chaos will always be there for me to return to & believe me I will!

Now since it would take forever for me to give you all my favorite quotes I picked one that I am biased about & that my husband 100% agrees with.

"He learned a lot from his dad. One of those things was, you find a redhead who did it for you, even if it was early in your relationship. If you knew in your gut that it was right you didn't let go. So yeah, he'd made his decision. He was keeping her."

No comments:

Post a Comment