Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Fearless by Sybil Bartel



Sybil Bartel does it again!
Ty is smoking hot & a complete badass!






Blurb:
Bodyguard.

Sniper.

Morally corrupt.

I didn't care who I aimed at. You paid me, I pulled the trigger. I sold my skills to the highest bidder and trust me, I had skills. The Marines didn't train me to only aim a sniper rifle, they taught me to get the job done—at any expense.

Except hostage recovery wasn't on my short list. I made people disappear, I didn't find them. I didn't give a shit the personal security firm that'd hired me was paying double to get some rich businessman's daughter back without casualties. I didn't negotiate with terrorists. Ever. I had my own plan. Take out anyone in my sights, recover the hostage, and get out. But then I laid eyes on the half-naked, bleeding brunette, and I changed my mind. I was gonna do a hell of a lot more than simply pull the trigger.

Now they were gonna find out how fearless a bodyguard could be.

*FEARLESS is a sexy new standalone book in the Alpha Bodyguard Series

The Alpha Bodyguard Series:

SCANDALOUS

MERCILESS

RECKLESS


RUTHLESS




Review:

First of all I just have to say HO-LY SHIT! That was one crazy intense ride! Sybil knows how to keep me on my toes. This entire book had me on the edge of my seat. I literally bit all the nails off of the hand that wasn't holding my kindle. Considering the last episode of GoT aired the day before I read this book that is saying a lot! All hail the queen of action packed books! Seriously this book was hands down her best yet. As far as the action goes I could totally see it being turned into one hell of an action flick! *clapping* Way to go Sybil, way to go!

As far as the love story of the book goes I'll be honest, I didn't see that coming. When we met Ty I'm sure I'm not the only one that had assumptions about him. He seemed very blood thirsty & a little unhinged. Then out of nowhere we find out he has a "son" that's deaf. I mean what?! We're left kind of scratching our heads & wondering wtf is up with this guy. Then we get Fearless & get to know Ty. Now I'm completely in love. It's a story of redemption in a way. A man who is broken from the things he has done in the past but wants to be better. A woman who has been sheltered & coddled her whole life who wants the chance to think for herself & make her own decisions. These two polar opposite people find each other, fight for each other & almost die for each other (several times). Their differences don't matter at the end of the day. All that matters is that they found what they were missing in themselves in each other. They found their other half & now they are both whole.

Favorite *Extra* Parts:

- I've said it before & I'll say it again. I love how interconnected all of SB's books are. The fact that we start out with a sort of Alpha Bodyguard reunion was awesome. Dreena & Tank are still all loved up & now Dreena is playing matchmaker.
- Myles Christiansen is back ladies! I am praying for more of him. He's always been the one I wondered about & have been (not so patiently) waiting for his story ever since No Apologies! Not only do we get one Christiansen but we get two! Neil is back & ready to kick some Cartel ass! 
- I don't think it's going to happen because I've seen the blurb for Callous but I could totally see Preston with Ty's sister. I mean he does know ASL!
- Okay am I the only one who while reading asks "When is Talon going to show up?" Then when he does I smile & say "Finally!" *winks* That man is all the heart eye emojis.

Favorite Quotes:

"You smoke?" she asked incredulously.
I blew smoke over her head because I was a fucking gentleman like that. "Only when I'm bored."
She made a face. "No one smokes anymore."
"Good thing I don't give a shit what other people do."

"Being near him was like simultaneously having your skin on fire and being dunked in ice water. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been obsessively thinking about him since the very moment I'd laid eyes on him."

"If you could fall in love with the principles of a man whose moral compass was slightly off kilter, I fell in love with Ty."

"The scent of ocean, the faint taste of cigarette , the heat of man and musk, he smelled and tasted like perfect oblivion. I didn't relish it, I laid down and rolled in it, smothering every unbearable memory in his dominance."


Get Fearless Here: Fearless on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment